Desjardins Insurance is excited to showcase the
Desjardins Advisor Series: industry learning sessions especially designed to improve your ability to provide unique solutions to your business owner clients. This series will give you valuable insight into the technical foundations of key corporate planning topics and how to apply them when talking to clients about risk management and business continuation planning.
Here is an overview of each sessions:
Join us to learn the fundamentals of the small business market in Canada.
This session will cover:
- The basics of business structures
- A review of the corporate structures
- Key players in the business market
Get insightful tips about opportunities to help clients fine-tune their risk management programs.
In this fast-paced session on understanding financial statements, you will:
- Learn how-to use fact-finding and sales tools
- Review key elements of corporate financial statements
- Identify important issues that arise when a corporation owns life insurance
- Look at essential financial underwriting concerns
Expand your knowledge on the basics of corporation taxation of private corporations.
Clients with corporations have unique tax planning opportunities and challenges. This session will help you make sense of corporate tax issues like:
- Key features of corporate taxation
- Shareholder compensation
- Refundable dividend tax on hand
- Passive investment rules on corporate planning
- The theory of integration
Feel confident explaining to business owner clients how life insurance policies are taxed and how they affect corporate planning. In this session you will learn:
- Differences between G1, G2, and G3 policies
- Why life insurance policy exempt tests are important
- Life insurance definitions
- Why clients must be able to identify which tax regime applies to their corporation-owned policies
Life insurance that builds cash values has multiple benefits for a business owner. Further your knowledge on the different ways policy values can be accessed and their consequences on the business owner and their corporation.
In this session, get a clear understanding of:
- Partial surrenders
- Policy loans
- Collateral loans
For corporations with multiple shareholders, buy-sell agreements and shareholder agreements are vital documents. This session will cover:
- Buy-sell insurance landscape
- Differences between a shareholder agreement and a buy-sell agreement
- Key buy-sell provisions an advisor should understand
- Sales opportunities
Here is a
glimpse of what will be covered in the various sessions.
Are you ready to power your knowledge?
Get in touch with your
Regional Sales Director to know when and how you can attend the next available session.